Beacon Mens Shed
- Beacon Mens Shed
After many hours of volunteer work and equipment, along with much appreciated assistance from the Mt Marshall Shire work crew, the Mens Shed was finally completed in February 2010. Local Beacon men coordinated the works and the many community volunteers who helped to get the shed up and ready for the opening. A number of tools and other items were donated, along with a 1950’s Allis Chalmers tractor and 1947 International truck for repair and restoration. Many more tools, work benches and machinery to make the shed fully functional were purchased with funding from Lotterywest. Kitchen and office equipment were also donated to equip the shed’s kitchen, and a unisex disabled access toilet was installed.
The Beacon Mens Shed was officially opened by Messrs Bruce Ingleton & Maurice Bailey with the unveiling of the sheds new sign, “Beacon Mens Shed, Community Workshop”, designed by Roz Anstee, a local creative signwriter.
The Beacon Big Busy Bee community BBQ, sponsored by the Beacon Progress Association, followed the unveiling with all the volunteer workers of the day all joining in the opening celebrations.
The Beacon Mens Shed is situated at the entrance to the Beacon Sporting Complex, adjacent to the Sandalwood Dray Shed and War Memorial.